Sunday, December 05, 2004

A little more about work

Ok I took a nap and I am awake enough to be pretty pissed off about all this crap w/ Sherry. I just don't get it. I mean let's compare.....374 departures, me, Katisha, and Margo (the 3 newest people) and Achim. No big deal for Margo to come in late for family. 84 arrivals w/ Toufik, Achim, John, Katisha, Sean, and Sherry. I get shit for wanting to go a few hours early so I don't fail my class. That is wrong on so many freakin levels. Not to mention Margo has changed her whole schedule arround this week already and she already gets better shifts than I do even though I was there first, all the shifts that I talked to Sherry about getting a week before Margo got there Margo got. I am not mad at Margo and I really didn't care about the shift stuff at all but now it just seems like a bunch of crap. I am glad that Margo is able to get off and change stuff w/o a problem, I just wish it was the same for me. Sherry brought up last night that I forgot to call her one day when she needed someone to work and I said I would. First of all I told her maybe but probably not. She should not have relied on a probably not. And I brought it up to her the next time I worked and apologized. She was like I will never forget that. Ok well I will never forget how pissy she was over nothing and this crap today. I will also not forget about how she tried making it all out to be me. Ok subject change because I am getting a bit heated and it's not really worth it to get mad when I can't do shit about it.

This morning, as soon as I get in, Sharonjoy says,"this woman wants to talk to you" in her adorable jamacan accent and she points to the call on hold. I answer the phone and this woman is complaining about the elevator next door and she says she called several times and no one did anything and she hadn't slept. Well the first guest that I deal w/ is either gonna get it really good or I am gonna screw up. It was her lucky day (I did both). She asked to talk to the manager, and since Sharonjoy knew who it was I figured she just didn't want to talk to her, so I said " I can help you" Well I ended up comping her whole room and letting her keep that room so she didn't have to move her stuff and just giving her another room to use to sleep in. lol. My brain is fuzzy when I first get there so I am not too quick on the uptake and I just do the first thing that comes to mind and I don't think things through.lol. No matter what time it is. But considering that Sharonjoy knew there was a history w/ this woman calling and she didn't prepare me for what I was getting into I cannot be completely blamed. lol. Then there was this wedding party and someone dumped a cooler of ice in the elevator and they were smoking on a nonsmoking floor (like 15 people in one room that connected w/ another room) so it was bothering the guests in the connecting room, even though they could have used the smoking lounge, and it was the bride and grooms room so why weren't they getting busy on their wedding night...but anyway, they told Sharonjoy "you need to get it together bitch" and then the groom came up to me today and when I asked him about his stay he mentioned the ice and said "the bitch working down here was pretty rude" lol can you believe how stupid people are? It cracks me up when people say Sharonjoy is rude. She is the happiest, most upbeat, person ever. I have never seen her be rude. I am sure she can be, but I am also sure it's for a good reason. Anyway I am bored and hungry.

I swear Greg your song is coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home