Thursday, October 21, 2004

I have roaches. Lots of them. It's pretty disgusting. I like camping and outdoors and stuff, so I don't really mind bugs that much, but like snakes there is a place for them, and my apartment is not the place. Not to mention roaches aren't normal bugs, they are freaky nasty mother fuckers. So I have to call Ovi, who is no longer a jerk because he came over after he was technically not working, and fixed the water pressure for the hot water. Although the kitchen hot water is now crappy. Can't have everything I guess and I would rather have more hot water in the bathroom. It's seems when I specifically ask not to have something I always get it. Like the roaches I was like Doug, I want a clean apartment, I can't stand roaches blahblahblah, and here come the roaches.

I have a sinus infection. That sucks. But the only thing I can do is wait it out, so I am on sudafed and afrin. The afrin's not helping much though.

So at work yesterday..... I got my first written acknowledgement that I do a good job. I was very excited. Some guests like to send thank you notes when their stay was nice, and yesterday a woman that I helped alot over last weekend wrote a thank you note to the hotel and was thanking several people specifically and I was one of them. Go me! And I got a tip!!! 5 bucks! This guy got into his room and it was really smoky so Sean switched him rooms and Chakir who is pretty damn lazy ( I have had problems with him since my first day!!) never went to switch the guys room. Now this could have been because of the elevator but there are other elevators in the building and he was pissed because there were so many room changes. Well I took the key up to the guys room and he was extremely happy that the other room did not smell like smoke at all and he was thrilled that I came up and helped him so I got a tip! I didn't even know I could take tips so I had to ask. lol. I wasn't expecting one. Not to mention that I worked w/ Sharonjoy who is flat out hilarious and a lot of fun to be around, and Sean who is a nice guy and brought great dance music to listen to. The bad part about yesterday is that I was supposed to be in at 2 but didn't realize that so I was in Ross's office napping under the spare desk ala George Castanza. That was my second time not realizing I had to start an hour earlier than normal so technically they could fire me. Which is ironic because I had a nightmare the other night that they did fire me and I was telling Doc about it and he was like do they like you? and I said yes, and I told him how I was doing great and they were happy that I was there. He said that there was obviously no need to worry. And now when I might just get fired I am not worried at all. I have to talk to Sherry tomorrow when I go in. Kinda scary but she is cool and since I brought it to her attention and all that I doubt I will get fired for it. It was an honest mistake.

I also got paid! Ross took my check to get it cashed at his bank so I have some money. I also got a 100 more than what I thought I was going to get. Woo-hoo! So I gave it to Ross and now I only owe him 520. I am going to have to get my rings appraised on my next day off and sell them so I can pay back Keith. I have to pay back Ross over my next 3 checks because it's his wife's money that I borrowed and she is coming back with him (hopefully) when he comes back in December. He is leaving for Thailand November 11th. So after I sell my rings I should be pretty close to being caught up w/ every body. Hopefully I will get more than 3oo for my rings (I definitely should). Too bad I am not a jewelry person otherwise I would have alot more to sell and probably more expensive stuff.

I was so happy I got paid! I didn't think I would ever get to pay day, I felt like I was going to have to live the first 2 weeks of work over and over again. Which I am sure is where the panic probably came from. At least part of it.
Plans for the day include laundry, grocery shopping, school, writing my paper, nap time, dishes, calling Ovi to get his european ass over here to kill these roaches, and maybe finish unpacking. It's hard to say when I will be completely done because I need my shelves up so I can use them to put the stuff that is still packed on.

I am putting the 5 dollar tip into an envelope that is going to be the start of my house fund.

I have yet to get my netflix movies. I am pretty disappointed in that. I changed my address w/ them and everything. When I decide to relax today I am just going to read I guess. and maybe since I am sick I will take a nice hot bath. mmm that sounds nice.

I could eat Haagan-Dazs rocky road all day long. It has alot of almonds in it and the chocolate doesnt give me a bad taste in my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home