Saturday, June 11, 2005

Rib Fest Rocks My World!!!

I was so happy when Lori said she was interested in going to the ribfest too! I would never have gone by myself. We went running this morning and then I came back to clean my room and shower. Then we met back up and went to Old Navy and Payless and T.J. Max and Filene's Basement. Then w/o taking our goods home we went to wait for the redline. Big mistake since there was a cubs game. We eventually gave up and hopped on the brown to Fullerton and then transferred to the #11 bus to the ribfest. I was so proud of us, going on an adventure that involved transferring to a bus. But really, can you ask for a better adventure than one that ends in a ribfest? We got ribs and fries from The Lincoln Restaurant. MMMMMMMMM the sauce tasted like sweet baby ray's and it was so good. Then we wandered around and bought stuff that we didn't need (I ended up w/ 2 pairs of sunglasses, even though I bought 2 pairs at old navy) then I got this awesome portrait of this girl, she might be famous, but I don't know. Lori got one of Audry Hepburn. It looks awesome. I made out like a bandit at old navy too. Lori got this cute straw hat. I have one in my closet, but she looked so cute I was like I wish I had a cute straw hat to wear. After the rib fest we were walking and we randomly went into a store. I can't remember the name but I will find it cuz if you are ever in Chicago you need to go! The owner was so awesome and so friendly we loved her. She can be a mini. She gave us a discount on the stuff we bought and gave us a book on chicago. One book each. That's amazing. She said the only thing she wanted in return was for us to come back. We talked w/ her for like 30 minutes. She was so awesome. And I bought a straw hat so Lori and I were walking around w/ big staw hats and sunglasses. We looked like tourists. Cute tourists. Oh at the ribfest we saw Maggie Speaks perform. They are kick ass. The singer went from Prince, to Eminem to Michael Jackson then Vanilla Ice. It was a riot. He was cute too. I went to talk to them when they were done. I asked him where they were playing next and I think his girlfriend or wife came over and was like, you can get a flyer over there. It was kinda funny. She was hot. It was such an awesome time and I am completely wiped out. Tomorrow's the rollerderby! Woo-hoo! Lori was telling R. about and Lori said that I would be great at a roller derby and R. asked her why. Lori told her that I could kick ass w/ the best of them. (how sweet is lori? lol) She said that R.'s face dropped and she just stared at her for a second then she completely changed the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home