Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I am so lame, I just told Lori I would pay her 12 bucks to work my last hour for me. lol. She is so sweet she did it. And she called K. to ask him if she could. I did end up walking out yesterday. K. never called to tell me if I was ok'd or not to leave so I just called out and left. I thought for sure they would fire me today when I went in, but they didn't even say anything. Although I did have to have a little talk w/ K. about being so difficult about stuff at work. He brought this stupid contract about make-up and our uniforms for me to sign. It said if you quit before your 90 days then you have to pay for your uniform. 90 days is the probation period for both parties, I shouldn't have to pay 500 a suit if I was on my probation period. Anyway, I was reading it and he's like "*sigh* I guess you can read it since you are going to sign it" and then I asked him to clarify about the uniforms and he said that it was just about the alterations. Well I am not going to pay for those either and he said that it's common sense that it's just any extra alterations. I said it wasn't obvious to me since it said "should the employee terminate employment w/in 90 day probation period, employee will have to pay for the uniforms." I told him I have only had 1 other uniform for a job and we didn't have to sign anything like that. So he made me go and talk to him away from Lori and he was saying that she getting me riled up about things and that I am only making a fuss because she did. Well she initialed every paragraph. I just had a damn question about the uniforms because I know Ms. P. tried to make Katie pay for hers.

1 Comments:

Blogger j said...

I don't know where you are or anything about your job, but what you write make it sound like it isn't much fun for you; probably wise not to give in on the uniform thing if deep down you know you're going to hate staying.

Or maybe I'm just assuming too much from a bad day.

I'm curious about what the job is now, though.

J.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home