Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I have been feeling pretty over all bummed out today. I woke up feeling like shit and I thought that I was getting strep throat again. I called in to work and they still wanted me to come in. Being the very nice pushover that I am I said ok, but just until I went to the Dr's. I went and the Dr. luckily told me that I don't have strep, I have an ulcer on the back of my throat (which I mistaked for the white dots that are a symptom of strep) from a viral infection (why my glands are swollen) and that while it is contagious it's not as bad as strep. I decided that I was going home because I felt like shit and very tired from all the medicine I took. L. asked me to have the dr's office fax a letter telling me to go home and not go back to work until tomorrow. That got on my nerves because anyone else could call in sick and be faking and not come in. I was sick, they saw I was sick and I left to go to the Dr's and L. had an attitude because I wasn't feeling good and I went home. I found out yesterday that I am not the only one who thinks there's bullshit. Everyone hates the mandatory makeup rule (we feel that as long as we are hygenic and neat in appearance lipstick shouldn't be that big of a deal) and I found out they wouldn't hire this extremely pretty and very friendly girl because she was overweight. I was so pissed, that is flat out wrong. Not to mention the fact that 2 yrs ago I wouldn't have had a job if I applied there.

I went to see Estella (a friend from my awesome English class last semester) and she is pregnant!!!!
I got a cell phone today. Didn't really want to get one, but since I work 8-5 and I can't use the phone at the office to make calls this comes in handy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home