Tuesday, February 01, 2005

My Evaluation

I got my evaluation from work today. I only got exceeds expectations in 1 catagory which was "Displays friendliness and courtesy to guests" I got a meets expectations in team work, "Gets along w/ and assists co-workers" I didn't get an exceeds in that catagory because I get along "too well" and I am in conversation w/ a coworker when a guest walks up occasionally. I got a ME (almost a below expectations) in "Accepts direction and follows through, accepts constructive criticism" I was asking at the end of December when I was going to get my eval, and I asked a month after I started how I was doing so I would know where I was. I also got a B.E. in "Knows procedures, subject matter and method of operation" They even said that that was because I was not trained properly. I don't understand how that should reflect poorly on me. It should be how much I know based on what I was taught. I got an M.E. for "Reports as scheduled, provides proper notice to supervisor when absent" I came down to work to give Dan a note from my doctor when I was sick, the day I got the note, I call at least 4 hours ahead of time when I am not going to make it or need something adjusted. Usually at least a day before. That so should have been and E.E. I also got a below average for "Neat, appropriate dress and grooming standards" because there was a rip in my uniform jacket. I have been asking for 2 months "where's my new jacket?" I was so embarassed to have a jacket w/ a tear in it. I got my new jacket and I didn't want to take it off when I went to change cuz I was so happy that I don't have to wear the fade, too small, shabby one w/ a rip in it any more. I also only got a M.E. for self-started, minimal supervision, strives for a better way to do job." I believe I remember being the first one they trained that checked people in on their first day, and considering Jennifer is only the second person, and I was there helping to train her and told her to go ahead andcheck someone in, and she worked at a hotel before I think that that should be an E.E. and I worked how many times w/o a manager. Twice w/ Katisha, and 2 or 3 times I have worked all by myself, w/ one operator, when Dan was no where to be found when they went on breaks, and I was literally the only one there at least twice. Plus that also goes back to the asking what I can do better all the time. There was also a comment that I need to improve tardiness record to be more respectful of the schedules of other associates. Ok, who moved her schedule back so Margo could take her vacation first so Dan wouldn't get screwed that week even though I asked for my time when I started and Margo started after me? Who let Dan take cigarette breaks before he would give me my lunch when I was there by myself? Who stayed overtime when everyone else called in sick and worked 2 and a half shifts in one 32 hour period? Who rarely takes her 15 minute breaks and rarely goes longer for the 30 minute breaks even though several other people take hour long lunches? Who came in even though she called off 4 hours ahead of time and could have easily not come in and finished her 10 page paper to save Dan's ass again, and then got shit for it from Sherry because Dan didn't follow through and tell Sherry and Toufik about it? Mmhmm that's right all me. I think my some of that could have been highlighted in my strenght's paragraph. It seems that they just put filler in for that. "Elisha is motivated to learn and wants to improve her knowledge of the overall hotel operation. She has received positive feedback from many of our guests. She is flexible w/ scheduling and willing to work am's, pm's, and mids." Why isn't the fact that I have the most comment cards on the board in the basement somewhere in there? Why isn't the fact that I did move my vacation or worked overtime on New Years on there? Why isn't it on there that I was checking in people on the first day on there? I think I am going to talk to Dan about it again, but I am not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home