Saturday, January 15, 2005

I got my debit card in the mail today!! Yea me! I bought my tickets to go home on line, and then I bought a new duvet cover set. It's awesome! Chocolate brown suede! My bed is gonna be sweet! I also finally broke down and bought a new pair of pants from the thrift store and a couple of fitted white t-shirts. Oh yeah it was a day to spoil myself. lol. I do feel spoiled w/ my new duvet cover on the way.

I went and bought a book called The Automatic Millionare. The main point is that if you put all your bills on automatic bill payment, and the automatic 401k deposits and just make everything automatic, so you don't have to worry about anything and you don't have to worry about self-discipline or willpower. I was already setting that up. So I am almost there. I am so going to buy a house in a few yrs!

Also when the weather gets warm I can ride my bike right down the lake and get to work and save 100 bucks a month on CTA! That will be around $700 a yr! I was already going to save 7200 and now I will be able to save 7900 a yr!!! Plus I am sure I will be able to cut back in a few more places. Except my apartment. I will spend money on that because I am so sick of not have a nice place to call home.
Although on the otherside of saving money, one thing I am seriously thinking about doing is having my groceries delivered. At least the heavy ones that I can get a months worth at a time. (Delivery is cheaper that way) It will save me so much time in the grocery store (I could shop for groceries at work when we are slow) Plus spending all that time getting the groceries, then I could just pop by the grocery store to pick up fresh fruits and vegitables once or twice a week because I won't need to take my cart and then I will be able to stop by the store on my way home instead of going home grabbing the cart and then going back to the store. $100 of groceries is $6 to deliver. If I get a months worth of stuff at once that is not that big of a deal and I will have food so I won't need to worry about eating out all the time and making excuses to just go to the diner across the street for some food. So it would actually save me money in the long run and stop me from gaining any weight back. Technically it just might save me a butt load of money if it stops me from going to the diner so much and out to eat at work and all that. Damn I am a genius. lol.

In April I am also canceling my cable. I am gonna be ballin once I get my bills paid off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home