Tuesday, May 17, 2005

An interesting turn of events.....

I got dumped. lol. *shakes head at the irony of it all* It definitely doesn't hurt as bad as when Kyle did it and I would like to think that's because I still have a ton of respect for Jamie. Lori and I were talking this morning and I debated on giving him a letter because we haven't talked in 4 days and I think that he is working nights this week and I didn't want to drag it out anymore. Well I needn't have worried because I came home to a letter. lol. It sucks because he does mean alot to me and I miss not being able to laugh and joke w/ him. Although I feel very good about the fact that neither one of us wants to drag it out and that hopefully in a little while we can still be friends. It does suck though because I want to be there for him and I am the one person who can't.

In other news, much less interesting........Lori and I laughed our asses off all day long. I told her how I read in a book that when someone is interested in something they see their eyebrows go up and normally it's a fraction of an inch and barely noticeable but the last few days it seemed like every other guy's eyebrows shot up to their hairline when they said hello. She decided she was going to look at people's eyebrows to test this theory. Well first she said hello to the russian cleaning lady and the woman's eyebrows shot up, lol, then she said hello to Bernard, the teddy bear of a security officer that I would not want to meet in a dark alley, but the thing was she "accidentally" winked at him when she said it and then his eyebrows shot up! lol. How do you accidentally wink at someone!? Then we were seeing who could check in more visitors since yesterday I won even though everyone passes me up even when I am obviously not doing a damn thing to go to Lori who just as obviously has a million things going on. Well I kicked her ass again today. Like 150 to 120 or something like that. (it was a slow day) Anyway we don't check in contractors they go through the freight elevator. This guy comes up and goes straight over to her, obviously he is a contractor. Just as obviously she is going to ignore this so she can catch up to me. Well being the little snot that I am, I ask in a very sweet and helpful voice "are you a contractor?" Then when he says "yes" I break into a fit of victorious laughter as Lori scowls at me. Then as she goes on her 10 minute break I look innocently at her and call out "Have fun losing while your gone." She called me a badge whore because I wouldn't even wait for people to get close to the desk before I would greet them. Anyway, I am sure you had to be there, but it goes to show just how bored we are. I must say though, we probably have more fun than anyone ever should at work, and the best part is, it's simple fun. There were quite a few other hilarious moments throughout the day but I have to get ready for my running group.

Oh and I think that CL is right and Jamie does read my blog after all. Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home