Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I found an apartment.

Good news about the apartment:

it's big...i think the living area is the same size as this apartment, but I have 2 countertops, and 2 sinks, and an area for a table in the kitchen area, plus a hallway to my bathroom (that is good considering I can't go to the bathroom if I think someone can hear me, now it's far enough away so that won't be a problem but I will have a hard time not hurting myself at 5 in the morning when I get up in the middle of the night to stumble to the bathroom) and more closet space. Then manager guy is bosnian and he's very funny, and nice, and sweet, he said if I have a "special" guy come over he could try and get him a place to park over night that is covered if I let him know in advance. Also alot of stuff is 24 hours up there and there's a 24 hour diner around the block and there's buses down the block too, although the redline is a bit of a walk. that sucks balls. I also get october and december free and I just have to pay Keith back for Novembers rent, so I have a nicer budget now, no more owing Keith 2 grand. And I will get to read on the way to work.

I was just thinking, maybe if keith and marisa actually ever plan on visiting me, maybe we could split a parking spot 3 ways and that way they would always have a parking spot, but I dont know if they would even visit enough to justify that, plus east of broadway is apparently free street parking w/o a permit. but I think the mngr said something about it being bad at night, I dont know. Or maybe I will just get one, we will see.



Bad news: the redline is far away. and it's not downtown. Now to most that probably wouldn't matter much, but when you give up everything to move to Chicago all by yourself and you want to be downtown it is a very big deal. So big that everytime I think about the location I want to cry. Literally. And I am not talking about whimpering here, I mean the "I am crying so hard I can't breath and am about to have a panic attack" kind of crying. Why might you ask, let me tell you why. This is a step back, this is a step back from the life I want to live, even though I know it's for the best and I will be able to save money and I will be better off and I know all this other stuff that I just don't feel like typing right now and that sometimes you have to take a step backwards before you can move forward, it still sucks. I have to learn a new neighborhood all over again. I just started learning about this one. I can't go to this gym any more. It's way farther away from work and I mean WAY. I like the room, but I am just so sad to have to move out of downtown. I know it's not a big deal and I will get over it and I just might like the new neighborhood better, but that doesn't help now. But really that's the only downside, but it's a huge downside, at least for now, but if I really hate it I can always move back downtown in a yr, but I know I will eventually get a condo or something down here so maybe for once I can set a long term goal and keep it, and not get bored w/o instant gratification. I mean I did wait 2 extra yrs to move here the first time. At least I will still be "in the city" *sigh* I shouldn't have been so stupid in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home